Mergers & Acquisitions
Selling a business can be complicated. Business brokerage services make selling your business much easier, getting you an accurate sense of your company’s market value, to be able to sell your business faster and more easily than if you go it alone.
Below is a brief, step-by-step overview of our business brokerage process.
- FULL review of your business: Operations, people, value engines, KPIs, SOPs, financial and more
- Engagement Agreement 1: Optimizing the business before a sale. This contract also includes a Non-Disclosure agreement.
- Create a strategic plan to optimize all business systems, processes, and optimize revenue growth.
- Determine when the business is optimized for selling: Completed the Strategic Plan to optimize the value of the business.
- 2nd Non-Disclosure Agreement: Listing the Business: Before we take any active steps to sell your business, we will commit to a 2nd Non-Disclosure Agreement to ensure confidentiality throughout the transaction process of selling.
- Determine Market Value. Without a valuation, it is easy to over or under value your business. Once we have completed the strategic planning process and have increased the value of the business, another valuation will be done. At this time, we will perform either a broker’s opinion of market value or create a certified valuation, depending on whether the exit process is through litigation or just open market sale.
- We will send a document checklist for you to collect historical and financial data about your business and provide you with a secure Vault Room to upload your documents to, safely storing your vital information away from anyone other than your valuation specialist.
- Listing Agreement - Business. Once the valuation is complete, if you choose to proceed with the sale immediately, your Business Broker will enter into an official listing agreement with you and "G3 Nexus Consulting brokered by eXP Commercial" for the sale of your business and/or any commercial real estate.
- Listing Agreement - Commercial Real Estate: Commercial real estate is a SEPARATE listing from the business listing, even if they are being sold as a package. A buyer might wish to buy one or the other, creating two separate transaction pieces. If you have commercial real estate with your business, we will advise you at the time of the listings. A separate valuation will be performed JUST FOR the real estate, should it need to be sold separately.
- Market & List Your Business with or without Commercial Real Estate. To attract qualified buyers and ensure fair market value, we develop a customized marketing plan for your business. This includes an informational package to showcase the value of your business, used to market your business via targeted campaigns and through national and/or global business brokerage networks, helping you reach the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Qualify Buyers & Negotiate Offers. A successful business transfer depends on a qualified buyer. Our business brokerage experts will assess buyers based on their financial resources, their level of interest, and whether or not they will be able to succeed with your business after the transfer. Once we’ve identified one or more qualified buyers, we will help you evaluate different offers and negotiate with buyers, helping you find the best offer for your property.
- Close the Transaction. After you’ve reached an agreement with a qualified buyer, we work with you to close the transaction with attorneys that specialize in business transfers. We will also often work with the business buyer to help them acquire financing, either through traditional financing or a small business loan.
Thinking of selling a business? Call (801) 544.6829 to start the process!